A prom is one of the most important events in a girl’s life. It is always considered a major step to adulthood as well as a snapshot of one’s career in high school. Many women commemorate this day by keeping pictures of the night and showing them to their husbands and children. If you are still wondering why shopping for a prom dress is important, then you need to know that this defining moment requires a special dress, which you can get from suppliers of prom dress Chicago has to offer. However, before you approach a supplier for the dress, you need to arm yourself with these tips so you can shop wisely for your prom dress.
1. Have a Budget. Very beautiful prom dresses are always readily available at varying price ranges. There are reputable designers in this lucrative market who offer great prom selections at boutiques in Chicago suburbs. If you can afford a designer prom dress, go for it. However, do not feel obligated to purchase the ones that have prices that rival wedding dresses. With a clear budget in mind to work with, you can get affordable prom dress Chicago designers have to offer.
2. Get Some Inspiration. Look at some fashion magazines a few months before prom, red carpet events of celebrities, and catwalk trends. You can use these inspirations to decide your look. Take some notes on your favorite prom dress before purchasing it. You just might be able to find similar trends in local clothing boutique Chicago Illinois suppliers have. Plan to buy the dress 4 to 6 weeks before the final day. Most dresses may require some alterations for them to fit perfectly: therefore, you will have enough time to do all these.
3. Choose According to Your Body Shape. You must know your body shape for it will help you choose the ideal dress. Choose one that shows your good features and hides what you consider a flaw. You can consult with experts and get advice in formal dress shops Chicago currently has. The following are more tips on body shape that you should consider before going shopping:
- Pear: this design is available in a fitted top that is full or a-line skirts.
- Slender: Choose the one that draws attention to the bust or the one that bells out. Alternatively, choose the one that shows off your waist such as a dress with a belt or a wrap dress.
- Hourglass: These are the luckiest girls, for they are considered to have a well-proportioned body. Almost every dress goes well with this body shape.
- Apple: Consider choosing a dress with a higher waistline. Wear a shorter dress if you have nice athletic legs.
- Petite: Go with a hemline that is asymmetrical or a long prom dress that is fitting to make you appear taller.
4. Color. The color that you choose determines your personality. Red are for people who are bold, black for sophisticated people, blue for confidence, pink for fun and purple for bubbly. Choose your prom dress according to your hair color, eye color, figure, face shape, eye size, and mouth size.
Take into consideration these factors before choosing the most suitable prom dress Chicago suppliers have for their customers.